U.S. universities and research institutions for scholars, researchers and other professionals. It targets scholars and teaching faculty, who are either teaching at higher education institutions or are affiliated with academic, research, or cultural institutions, including libraries, archives and museums, or with NGOs (Non-Governmental Organizations).
Scholar/Professional Status: Academic candidates must have a post-graduate academic degree (Kandydat Nauk, PhD, PhD in Arts, Doctor Nauk). Professionals and artists outside academia may be exempt from the requirements to have a third level qualification if they have 5 or more years of professional qualifications and/or experience, recognized professional standing and substantial accomplishments.
NOTE: Candidates who have resided abroad for five or more consecutive years in the six-year period preceding the date of application are ineligible. In this case, a period of nine months or more during a calendar year is considered to constitute a full year abroad.
Eligible Fields: Humanities and Social Sciences, Hard Sciences, Technology, and Engineering
Category of Grant: Research
Grant/Program Dates or Duration: Three to 9 months
Deadline: October 15, 2020. Applications submitted after 11:59 p.m. on October 15, 2020 will not be considered
- Online Application
- Project Statement
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume (must include a list of the applicant’s publications)
- Select Bibliography
- Three Letters of Reference
- Letter of Invitation is encouraged but not required
- Mandatory Supplemental Form – Consent to the Processing of Personal Data.
NOTE: It is essential that all required application components, including letters of recommendation, for the 2021-2022 Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program must be complete and submitted via online application by deadline: Thursday, October 15, 2020. Mandatory Supplemental Form must be printed out, completed, signed, and forwarded to IIE|Kyiv Office via regular mail by the application deadline: Thursday, October 15, 2020.
Review Process and Timeline:
- Program staff conduct technical reviews for completeness: October 2020
- Discipline-specific experts review applications: November 2020
- Semifinal Interviews: December 2020
- Applicants notified of status – Recommended applications are sent to the US and to the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board: December 2020
- Recommended candidates notified of final approvals: April-May 2021
- Round-Trip International Flight
- Monthly stipend to cover living costs, accommodation and incidentals
- One Time Settling-In Allowance
- Accident & Sickness Coverage
- Professional Allowance
Esplanadna str, 20, office 904, Kyiv, 01001