U.S. universities and research institutions for scholars, researchers and other professionals. It targets scholars and teaching faculty, who are either teaching at higher education institutions or are affiliated with academic, research, or cultural institutions, including libraries, archives and museums, or with NGOs (Non-Governmental Organizations).
Scholar/Professional Status: Academic candidates must have a post-graduate academic degree (Kandydat Nauk, Ph.D., Ph.D. in Arts, Doctor Nauk). Professionals and artists outside academia may be exempt from the requirements to have a third level qualification if they have 7 or more years of professional qualifications and/or experience, recognized professional standing, and substantial accomplishments.
NOTE: Candidates who have resided abroad for five or more consecutive years in the six-year period preceding the date of application are ineligible. In this case, a period of nine months or more during a calendar year is considered to constitute a full year abroad.
Eligible Fields: Humanities and Social Sciences, Hard Sciences, Technology, and Engineering
Category of Grant: Research
Grant/Program Dates or Duration: Three to 9 months
Deadline: October 15, 2023. Applications submitted after 11:59 p.m. on October 15, 2023, will not be considered
2024-2025 Application: https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2024
Instructions for Completing the 2024-2025 Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program Application
- Online Application
- Project Statement
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume (must include a list of the applicant’s publications)
- Select Bibliography
- Three Letters of Reference
- Letter of Invitation is encouraged but not required
- Mandatory Supplemental Form – Consent to the Processing of Personal Data.
NOTE: All required application components, including letters of recommendation, for the 2023-2024 Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program must be complete and submitted via online application by deadline: October 15, 2023. Mandatory Supplemental Form must be printed out, completed, signed, scanned to PDF and emailed to Program Officer Veronica Aleksanych at [email protected] by the application deadline: October 15, 2023.
Review Process and Timeline:
- Program staff conduct technical reviews for completeness: October 2023
- Discipline-specific experts review applications: November 2023
- Semifinal Interviews: December 2023
- Applicants notified of status – Recommended applications are sent to the US and to the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board: December 2023
- Recommended candidates notified of final approvals: May 2024
- Round-Trip International Flight
- Monthly stipend to cover living costs, accommodation, and incidentals
- One Time Settling-In Allowance
- Accident & Sickness Coverage
- Professional Allowance